Thursday, June 17, 2010

Be Satisfied

This is something I have heard before, multiple times. The most recent was at Buckeye Awakening in May (thanks, Katie!). I was going through my Tiger Awakening binder this morning and found it, and for some reason it really hit me. I guess I've been thinking a lot about my relationships with guys, and friends in general, and with Christ. I really am trying my best to focus on God in all aspects of my life, but I tend to stray a little bit sometimes. I think we all do.


Be Satisfied
Everyone longs to give themselves completely to someone; to have a deep soul relationship with another- to be loved thoroughly and exclusively. But, to a Christian, God says no- not until you are satisfied, fulfilled, and content with being loved by Me alone, with giving yourself totally and unreservedly to Me, with having an intensely personal and unique relationship with Me alone, discovering that only in Me is your satisfaction to be found will you be capable of the perfect human relationship that I have planned for you. You will never be united with another until you are united with Me, exclusive of any other desires or longings.

So, I want you to stop planning, stop wishing, and allow Me to give you the most thrilling plan existing, and one that you cannot imagine. I want you to have the best; please allow Me to give it to you. You just keep watching Me, expecting the greatest things; Keep experiencing the satisfaction that I am. Keep listening and learning the things that I promise and mean.

Be patient - that's all. Don't be anxious. Don't worry. Don't look at the things other people have gotten or that I have given them. Don't look at the things you think you want. You just keep looking up to Me, or you'll miss what I want to show you. And then, when you're ready, I'll surprise you with a love more wonderful than anything you could ever dream of.

You see, until you are ready, and until the one I have for you is ready, and I am working at this very moment to have both of you ready at the same time, and until you are both exclusively satisfied with Me and the life I have prepared for you, you won't be able to experience the love that exemplifies your perfect relationship with Me - a perfect love.

And dear one, I want you to have this most wonderful love. I want you to see in the flesh a picture of your relationship with Me, and to enjoy materially and concretely the everlasting union of beauty, perfection, and love that I offer with Myself.

Know that I love you utterly:
For I Am God.


A lot of my friends have their own blogs. One of them recently posted on the topic of love, and since God is Love, she asked if people who don't believe in/know God can really be "in love."
One person's response was: "Love is the most beautiful, rewarding, and self-sacrificial thing you can have with another person. With a connection like that, why does there have to be a middle man?" And in response to that, another person wrote: "I think that each person in the relationship is the middleman, the conduit through which God and the other person express their love for each other."

oh. my. gosh. This answer made so much sense to me, and made the whole "being satisfied in God" thing make more sense. I need to be completely content with my relationship with God before I can be in a relationship with someone else, because when I do enter into a relationship, that is me & God showing love to one another through this other person. God will be blessing me with someone to care for me physically and emotionally, and I in turn will be using the relationship to glorify Him and help build up His kingdom.

Sigh. I love this blog; writing my thoughts out and re-reading them is really helping me stay sane.


Peace & Prayers,
Nemo

1 comment:

  1. This was so wonderful to hear. We've definitely all be in this position and many of us still are... wanting to give our all to God but desiring a more perfect earthly relationship. Patience is SO key! That quote about each person in the relationship being the middle man made my heart and mind go crazy... it's when you hear things like that that you just KNOW what God mean for it to be. It's like a "duh" moment... and how great of an opportunity we have to be that middle man for God out of pure and perfect love. This was a great thing to read before heading off to bed! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete